Programming Inside the Library
- IPAC CANADA PRACTICE RECOMMENDATIONS Toys – clear guidelines for cleaning and sanitizing toys in hospitals.
- Engaging with a digital audience – Libraries Connected
- COVID-19 program ideas – ALA Public Programs Office Ideas
- Library Programming for Teens Goes Virtual During COVID-19 – Publisher’s Weekly Article April 28, 2020
- Youth Program Ideas – Presentation and slide show from Librarian.Support
- Programming Ideas – Association for Library Services to Children
- How to Run a Successful Summer Reading Program Online – TD Summer Reading Site
- CFLA COVID19 Storytime Copyright – Guidance on Fair Dealing
- List of Read Aloud Canadian Stories Publishers – Access Copyright
- Virtual Literary Legos – Programming Librarian
- Storytime Online Resources – Jbrary
- Teen Literacies Toolkit – Yalsa
- Programs HQ – Yalsa
- Old-Fashioned Connection: Phone Programming in a Pandemic – ALA Public Programs Office Article
- Older Adult Online Program Ideas – Public Libraries Online
- Truth and Reconciliation Committee Report and Recommendations – CFLA
- Suggestions For Families – Supporting Learning From Home – First Nations Education Steering Committee
- Indigenous Relations in the Time of COVID-19 – Indigenous Corporate Training
- Guide to Virtual Events in 2020 – Cvent.com
- The Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County Resiliency Plan – blog.cincinnatilibrary.org
- Museums and The Pandemic – Re-opening Considerations from American Alliance of Museums
- Get Your Mass Gatherings or Large Community Events Ready – CDC – US
GLAM Sector Programming Examples
- National Arts Centre created a short-term relief fund to pay artists for online performances CanadaPerforms that also includes writers, in partnership with the Writers’ Trust of Canada and CBC Books
- Open Space Gallery in Victoria is offering livestreams of weekly talks and walks online on land on Lekwungen & W̱SÁNEĆ territories featuring local Indigenous artists, educators, and knowledge keepers. They are also providing access to a Tah’lum Indigenous Artist Collective Colouring Book
- Maritime Museum of BC is offering virtual tours via Facebook Live, as well as live programs via Zoom to support school curriculum, e.g. WWII and Women on the Home Front, HBC and the Fur Trade
- Vancouver’s Museum of Anthropology is offering learning support to teachers and parents through MOAFromHome as well as ways of engaging from home with colouring cards and experiments to try from home
- Royal BC Museum has regular programming for different ages that engages with curatorial staff, e.g. RBCM@Home (Kids) via Zoom on topics such as Make Your Own Dinosaur Footprints; RBCM@outside for virtual fieldtrips; or RBCM@home (Office Hours) to help support teachers and parents with accessing resources and they are available online or by phone during the pandemic closure
- Royal BC Museum is also collecting COVID-19 stories for future generations. Victoria News article
- Royal Ontario Museum is offering online activities that families can do from home to support learning, e.g. learning mining principles through chocolate chip cookie baking in addition to online storytimes that connect stories to items in the ROM collection
Programming Examples from Cultural & Community Organizations
- Pacific Opera Victoria is offering Opera Etc. online for a physical distancing alternative to opera programming
- The Calgary Zoo offers Zoo Along with You, a collection of storytimes, activities, and virtual tours of the Zoo
- Barkerville Historic Town & Park is offering free virtual field trips for teachers and students
- The Inter-Cultural Association of Greater Victoria is now providing English classes for newcomers online as well as interactive programming online for youth via Zoom
Retail & Vendor Examples
Programming Outside the Library
- A Phased Reopening Plan for Libraries as COVID 19 Restrictions Are Lifted – John Thill, Medium.com
- Health and Safety Guidance During COVID-19 For Parks & Recreation Employers – Public Services Health and Safety Association
- COVID-19: Precautions When Working As A Childcare Provider – Public Services Health and Safety Association
- COVID-19: Precautions When Working As A Recreational Worker In A Healthcare Setting – Public Services Health and Safety Association
- Guidance on Health and Safety for Food Retail Sector during COVID-19 – Workplace Safety and Prevention Services
- Communities have challenges. Libraries can help. – Turning Outward to your Community: ALA
- From Project to Branch Integration and Sustainability: Community-Led Work at Halifax Public Libraries – Public Libraries Online
- Community Led Libraries Toolkit – Vancouver Public Library
- Communication and Partnerships – Tech Soup for Libraries
- Making Cities Stronger: Public Library Contributions to Local Economic Development – Urban Library Council
- Community Reference: Making Libraries Indispensable in a New Way – American Libraries
- Considering Outreach Assessment: Strategies, Sample Scenarios, and a Call to Action – In the Library Open Access
- Fédération canadienne des associations de bibliothèques (FCAB). Heures de conte en ligne : lignes directrices en matière de droit d’auteur pour les bibliothèques publiques canadiennes pendant la pandémie de la COVID-10.
- Association des bibliothèques publiques du Québec. Heureduconte.ca
- Bibliothèques Longueuil. Page Facebook.
- Bibliothèque d’Alma. Page Facebook.
- Bibliothèque et Archives nationales du Québec (BAnQ). Activités à heures fixes.
- Bibliothèque et Archives nationales du Québec (BAnQ). Mon territoire, mon arc-en-ciel.
- Ville de Beaconsfield. Page Facebook.