Use your mobile phone to find what you want at Burlington Public Library starting December 2.
BPLMobile is the new mobile application for your smart phone that allows library members to take Burlington Public Library with them wherever they go. Burlington Public Library Mobile (BPLMobile) users can browse the collection, reserve items, manage their accounts, check the library’s hours and locations, and connect to the library’s social media sites.
“BPLMobile takes the most popular features from our website and puts them instantly in our customers’ hands,” says Maureen Barry, chief executive officer. “As one of the first libraries in Ontario to offer this service, we can now open the doors to the library even wider to serve our community better.”
Get started using this app in four easy steps:
- Make sure your device has wireless Internet access
- Go to your device’s app store and search for BurlingtonPL (iTunes, Blackberry App World, Android Market)
- Download the application – it’s FREE!
- Start using BPLMobile features:
- Search the Catalogue using smart search to find anything in our collection fast
- Access My Account to place holds, check due dates, get library hours and contact information, and map a location
- Go to BPL’s Facebook page to connect with other library users
- Go to BPL’s YouTube page to view video and book reviews posted by BPL
BPLMobile is compatible with Internet ready mobile devices such as iPod Touch, iPad, iPhone, Blackberry, Android, HTC, Samsung and more. Learn more about BPLMobile, including compatible phone models and operating systems at http://boopsie.com