The Steering Committee of the Ken Haycock Award for Promoting Librarianship is seeking Nominations to consider for the award. Please consider nominating somebody and feel free to share with other networks of like-minded colleagues.
- Please submit a letter explaining why the nominee meets the criteria below. Please provide specific examples. A nominators name and contact information. The Nominees name and contact information.
- Submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org with SUBJECT containing NOMINATION and person’s name.
- Apply by December 1, 2017 @ 12:00 noon Eastern Time.
The Ken Haycock Award for Promoting Librarianship is awarded to a candidate who has demonstrated exceptional success in enhancing the public recognition and appreciation of librarianship. This may have been accomplished through:
- Exceptional practice as a librarian
- Teaching the profession in formal and informal settings
The selection will also be based on the nominees demonstrated actions as an Ambassador and role model for librarianship.
- The award recognizes exceptional achievement outside of the usual awareness activity a professional is expected to do.
- Nominees may be from any Canadian province or territory.