Chief Executive Officer
Cambridge Public Library Board
What You’ll Do
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) works with the Library Board to provide professional expertise and strategic leadership, innovation and vision in the delivery of effective, high quality, public library and art gallery services. As a CEO, you will:
- Provide leadership in the delivery of all Idea Exchange services through goal setting, approval of plans and programs, problem solving, supervision of directors, motivation and evaluation of staff.
- Demonstrate positive and proactive leadership with all staff to ensure the library and gallery function as an effective and cohesive group.
- Establish and manage the annual budget including financial plans, resources and budget targets.
- In collaboration with the Board and Staff, guide the creation of a new Strategic Plan, encompassing the library’s vision, mission, values, goals and strategic direction.
- Ensure the organization is fiscally and ethically responsible and adheres to all legal requirements and approved policies.
- Mentor and develop a strong leadership team.
- Inspire and lead the staff of Idea Exchange.
- Develop and augment partnerships with key community and government stakeholders and funders
- Serve as Secretary/Treasurer to the Board of Trustees.
- Embrace change and champion new services.
- Lead our team through the design and construction of our sixth library to be co-located with a City recreation centre and two elementary schools.
What you will need to succeed
We are looking for someone who can:
- Successfully build, coach and mentor diverse teams and individuals.
- Inspire others and rally them around a common goal.
- Collaborate and build strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Effectively analyze and solve problems.
- Lead and organize multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Manage and advocate for programs and services that advance the organization’s mission.
- Communicate effectively with a variety of audiences from diverse backgrounds.
- Be a creative thinker that has the ability to bring new ideas to the table.
Your experience and educational background will have:
- Formal advanced academic training in a library discipline (e.g. MLIS/MIS) and/or business/public administration at a university master’s level or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prior related experience: 12 years (with a minimum of 5 years at the senior management level with a career pattern that demonstrates continued professional development)
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills; ability to teach and present to community groups, partners, boards and City Council.
- Demonstrated administrative, negotiation and financial expertise.
- Demonstrated experience with project management and working on large capital projects.
- Prior experience establishing and managing operating and capital budgets.
- Considerable political acuity and ability to adapt to changing political circumstances.
- Experience working with external and internal stakeholders to develop partnerships
What We Offer
Working at Idea Exchange offers you the opportunity to be part of an organization that is welcoming, collaborative, and passionate about the community. Recognized in 2017 as a Gold Level Best Small/Medium Canadian Employer, we are a great place to work with a highly engaged staff of approximately 140 employees!
We provide fair market compensation, paid sick time, free parking, and a competitive benefits package that includes health, dental, prescription drugs and vision. We also offer participation in the OMERS pension plan.
Salary: $148,821 to $171,821 per annum
- Idea Exchange aspires to employ a staff complement that fully represents the diversity of the community we serve. All qualified individuals who would contribute to the further diversification of our organization are encouraged to apply.
- Idea Exchange is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to accommodating individual needs in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require any accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A Security Clearance Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening may be required.
How to Apply
To be considered for the position, please apply by November 13, 2022
- Tell us why we should consider you for this position! Please provide both a cover letter and resume in a Word or PDF document.
- Submit your application by email to email@example.com.
- Please quote “22-33 CEO” in your email subject line.
The anticipated start date for this position: Early 2023
The position is open to internal and external candidates. We thank everyone for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
More information: https://ideaexchange.org/job-posting/chief-executive-officer