AI Futures – The Promises and Perils of Artificial Intelligence for Public Libraries
October 4, 2023
Scholar and educator R. David Lankes (Virginia & Charles Bowden Professor of Librarianship, University of Texas iSchool) opens the event with a keynote discussing the current landscape and potential futures of AI in public libraries.
Then a panel discussion explores AI from an academic, public library, technology and digital literacy perspective – featuring Ana Brandusescu (Professor, McGill University), Matthew Johnson (Director of Education, MediaSmarts) and moderated by Kishawna Peck (Founder and CEO, Toronto Womxn in Data Science).
Our event concludes with breakout sessions for participants to connect with other public library peers to share their thoughts and questions about AI.
- What does the future look like for AI? by Caroline Runningwolf
- ULC Leadership Brief about AI, October 2023
- LibrarianAI: Facilitation at the core of librarian’s role in AI, by David Lankes
- AI For Everyone on Coursera (offered in French and English)
- Introduction to AI on Coursera (offered in French and English)
- AI Resources and Materials for Educators